Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Monday.    We started out OK.  The weather was really nice.   Towards evening it started to rain, but not too hard though they say that severe weather is possible.

Chelsea got me up at 3 AM and then again shortly after 5AM.  This time I went back to bed until about 6:15AM.   I really need my sleep.

Bible Study was at 9:30AM.   We had a good group, only two were on vacation.  We were talking about the end of the world that Jesus predicted and remembering that everybody really has their own end of the world, when they die.   Then we got onto the discussion of our responsibility to help others and that sometimes we have to kind of remember that it is not ours to judge when we do.   Sometimes pretty hard.  To teach others how to use what we have.   Our new generations are so used to prefab and premixed things.  What would happen if the grocery stores closed down and they had to rely on fresh produce from farms.

Had a nice visit with Mother.   She was good today.  I checked her mail and checkbook and unhooked her dishwasher and unloaded it for her.   Donna came over while I was there and she and Randy will be here at least for a while on Sunday.   They are helping Jessica move to a new apartment but they will be here.

Then I came home, walked the dog, fixed Dick's lunch and drove to Kate's to pick her up as we went to lunch at the Mill Street Grill before the Cream City Writer's meeting. We had a nice catch up visit.  Kate broke her wrist last week while she and Ron were painting the garage.   She is still in quite a bit of pain but is plugging along.

I had a veggie burger with fried sweet potatoes for my lunch at the Grill.   Boy was that a good sandwich.   They are trying different burgers and will eventually have a gourmet burger menu.

The writer's club meeting went well.   We were a bit late but heard some nice writings and we all signed a get well card for Sy Regan's wife, Nora, who has been sick - I need to mail it tomorrow.

Then home again.  I tried to nap but was too wired, so I just worked on things for the telephone conference this evening.  

Debbie O'Grady came over at about 6:30PM so that we could get on the telephone conference for CWI together.   That works out well.  It is good to have someone to look at while we are meeting.   We got a lot done, I believe.   And Debbie and I enjoyed tea and cookies while we were working.

Now, as I hear thunder rolling overhead, I am ready to wind down for the night.   So glad that Chelsea no longer hears thunder as it frightened her so.

Take care and rest for tomorrow.

God love you

Mary.

The last of the economy things.

Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia is laying off judges.

Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh, great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is
being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!

And, finally...

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc.,
I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan , and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and
asked if I knew how to drive a truck.

No comments: