Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Somehow today was very busy. Chelsea only woke me up once during the night. She is a very subdued puppy today. Some days her age wears heavy on her. And then wears heavy on my heart. But she ate and does not seem to be uncomfortable.

I did our grocery shopping this morning. Then I prepared our dinner, chicken breasts stuffed with a spinach stuffing and then wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven. I also made a batch of minestrone soup and some zucchini muffins.

After lunch, I went over to Advanced Eye Care and picked out some new glass frames. They were having a big half price sale, so I just looked and tried on and picked one without worrying about price. They are different than any I have ever had. I can hardly wait to get them.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning the kitchen, catching up on some desk clutter and working on the agenda for the CWI gathering the weekend after next.

Roxie joined me in bed again last night. Again, she doesn't stay long but it is nice to have her there for a while.

Til tomorrow

God love you

Mary


My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.
-Joe Weinstein

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

No comments: