Friday, April 16, 2010

It was 20 degrees colder today than yesterday. Still in the mid 60s though. The wind picked up pretty good this afternoon too.

Dick and I got him all cleaned and changed early today so the rest of the day was pretty free. I made a blueberry pie this morning. I also got everything ready for next weekend at the conference except for the fires that I am sure will have to be put out before then so I can now concentrate on making sure that everything is ready for Dick to be here alone. He won't be alone all the time, of course. Bobbie is taking Chelsea for the weekend and will come out each day to fix lunch and spend time with him.

Chelsea was a pitifully quiet little girl most of the day and her little tail was dragging. I have to keep hiding her pills in different things. At first liverwurst worked, then summer sausage. Then Jim and Michelle picked up these pill pocket treats called Greenies and they worked for a while. Then I coated all those things with peanut butter until she stopped eating that too. Now is am putting them in ice cream. She DOES like her sweets.

I picked up Nancy a little after five to go out and shoot league. We stayed a bit longer to visit with everybody so I was not home until 7PM. We both are shooting a bit better. Nancy still had one that was not so good but two were fine. I think I might have a 65. Yippee!!

I received a call tonight from Judy Blake, Doc's wife. Doc is a friend from Rhine. A dear friend. He is at St. Nicholas Hospital with a obstructed small intestine caused by pancreas trouble. Please pray for him as he is a sick boy. I will put him on the prayer chains in the morning.

Del Mc Clintock has been a sick man too. He came to the club to visit for the first time in months after his surgery. Was good to see him. He uses one of those amplifiers to talk now as he has a permanent tracheotomy. He is looking good and in good spirits.

So I have added some calls on to tomorrow's list of things to do. Yes, I do lists of things to do every day and cross things off as I get to them. If something is not done, I move it to the next day. If it stays on too long, I erase it because it could not have been important anyway.

Have a nice weekend.

God love you

Mary

No comments: