Monday, April 12, 2010

The day turned out to be a bit busier than I thought. Chelsea broke her long night's sleeps by getting me up at midnight and then again at 5AM. She then asked me to go out every half hour until I left for Bible Study. She is exhausting me.

Anyway, I went to bible study at 9:30AM. Our snowbirds are back and we had an almost full crew, eight. We are studying Mark and this was the triumphant entry into Jerusalem on the donkey. We were interested in the fact that all he did when he got there was look around and then didn't say a word. Not like him. But later in the gospel he will make up for it.

Then I went over to Mother's. We called the doctor's office because she had not had a good day on Sunday. She was weak and had several dizzy spells, though she did not lose consciousness. When I told the nurse about the dizzy spells and that she had not seen Doctor Hancock since January 2nd, she said that he would definitely want to see her and they had an opening this afternoon at 1:45PM. So I took her.

I came home and fixed dinner for Dick and me and took care of Chelsea. (I got home at about 11:15 and Chelsea never woke up til after noon. That was weird. I was even cooking.) The appointment went well, I think. He did not find anything specific. He did an EKG and had a blood test taken. All is well, as a matter of fact the hemoglobin count is improved. Mother is complaining of a pain across her chest and down her arms. Not to sever and she thinks it is muscle or joint. But as this is the first time she has mentioned anything like that, Dr. Hancock has recommended that when she gets this pain, she take some nitroglycerin to see if it makes it go away. If it does, perhaps there is possibly some angina and he will investigate further. If not, then it is probably just muscle.

She felt good when we got home, even better than when I came in the morning, so I was encouraged.

Then home again and I puttered around trying to catch up on things around here. Now I am watching Dancing with the Stars, one of the few shows that I really like. As soon as it is over, I will go to bed.

Maureen and Bea and I are narrowing in on the itinerary for the Ireland trip. It will be such fun.

I worked a bit on Ancestry also.

Guess that is all for now. Take care of you.

God love you

Mary

* How can there be self-help groups?

No comments: