Friday, April 09, 2010

A day on the run and it was lots of fun.


Chelsea only got me up once during the night and it was almost 3:30AM. So my sleep was pretty much unbroken. I am still tired though and did not get a nap today.

I prepared things for our dinner as Bobbie came at noon and then at about 9:30 I left to do a couple of errands - picking up meds for Mother, picking up some books that Dear Old Books had ordered for me and then stopping at Kate's. It was her birthday and I picked up some of Cindy Matyi's note cards for her because I knew she would like them. We had a cup of tea and then discussed Ancestry together for a bit. I was able to tell her that Jim got my PAF and Ancestry merged which still makes me so happy.

Home again I finished cooking dinner just about the time that Bobbie got her. She and I had venison liver and onions with fried potatoes, asparagus and carrot salad. Dick had the last three but I gave him a hot dog instead of the liver.

Then Bobbie and I went down to the wine cellar and really had a lot to do. We racked Bobbie's Sheboygan Spice, Concord Grape with Rosemary, and current wines and we racked her new batch of pomegranate into the secondary fermentor. It looks like orange juice.

We also racked my Marigold wine. Later this month I will rack the Lemon Balm, then next time we work on things we can bottle at least three of the batches. Good thing, as we are getting into the growing season and new fruits will be coming available.

After we finished, Bobbie helped me with a couple of things on Ancestry and we had dessert. I had taken the second layer of my German apple cake out of the freezer. It sure is a keeper.

After Bobbie went home, I went to Mother's to take her some Spinach Noodle Casserole and her meds. We had a bit of a visit before I had to come home.

I had time to feed all the living creatures in the house (except me) before Nancy picked me up to go to shoot pistol. Nancy did much better, she had a bad time her last time. I did not do as good as last week but it was not impossible.

Home again, I was in time to say goodnight to Dick, then I fixed a supper for myself and have been quietly finishing things on my desk.

My friend, Maureen, called tonight and we went over the itinerary that Bee Smith from Ireland has prepared for us for our Ireland trip next February. We are SO excited. Anyone who is interested, let me know and I will send our combined agenda within the next two weeks.

So now I can stay home both tomorrow and Sunday, except for church and am planning on resting and finishing these odd projects.

God love you and enjoy your weekend.

Mary

* If the world were a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Persimmon, not pomegranate :)