Wednesday, April 07, 2010

This was a traumatic day for our Roxie. She had her annual vet appointment at 9AM. I was quite surprised as to how frightened she was. She hid her face in my arm and tried to be a little ball when they were examining her. As she as not been in a car for a year and the last time, Oscar was with her, this was awful for her.

She has gained quite a hunk of weight, which we knew. Aside from that, she is in very good health and even her teeth are clean and sparkly. She is a bit low on potassium but we can do a supplement for that. One of her shots has made her very tired today and she is a sleepy girl.

After I brought her home, I left almost immediately to do the grocery shopping. This week, I bought only what I absolutely needed as I am working on rotating the food in the freezer and fridge. I may do the same thing next week. We are really overstocked right now. Never thought I would say that.

Today, I was able to firm up the date for Mary Pat Kelly, author of Galway Bay, an excellent novel, to come to Sheboygan County to speak. Mark June 3, Thursday at 6PM down on your calendar. She is a marvelous speaker and I recommend the book.
This is SO exciting.

It rained off and on all day today and was chilly and damp. We may even get a couple of inches of snow tonight. At least, tomorrow, I can stay home all day. Too bad I can't convince Chelsea to use the bathroom, then I would only have to go outside once - to get the mail.

Have a nice day yourself and be healthy

God love you

Mary

No comments: