Monday, March 08, 2010

A very fulfilling and moderately busy day.

Started off with Bible Study. Our Helen Maurer was back after recovering from a health problem. She looks wonderful and we were SO glad to have her. Peggy Feider is back from vacation and Shirley, Ione, Joe and myself were all there. We had a lively discussion of the end of Chapter 9 in Mark. This is where Jesus says that if your arm does wrong you should chop it off better to go to heaven maimed than to hell whole. We realize, of course, that he is speaking of eliminating sin and temptation from our lives not feet or hands or eyes. I makes for a graphic picture though.

Then I went on over to see Mother. She said she has not had any more fainting spells but still feels weak and is not happy about that. We took care of a couple of bills and she gave me a check to cash so she has some cash on her. I brought her some brownies and the Irish Soda Bread Cookies. I didn't have any main dishes this week but she said Randy and Donna had stocked her up pretty good so she was glad for the sweets.

I took a short nap. Then Barbara called. Bart has been released from the hospital. They have eliminated the staph infection, infection of the pain device and infection of the bones in the spinal cord. The swelling in the spinal area is going down. He is pumped full of antibiotics so hopefully he is done with this and will finish healing at home. Now Barbara needs to get some sleep.

I went to a Sheboygan County Conservation Association president's meeting tonight as a guest of our Rhine president, Greg Reich. It was very interesting. I like going out for dinner and I like knowing what the clubs I belong to are doing.

Now I am home and it is after 9PM and time for bed. I took Chelsea out when I got home and she was very very good. Now she is bugging me to go out again. I have also got chided by Roxie for being gone. They are both so possessive.

Well, that is all my news so I will wind this up and get ready for bed. Until tomorrow

God Love You

Mary

No comments: