Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A quiet day at home. I spent a good chunk of it working on my quilting. I set up the pieces for the squares for the quilt I have been putting together, then cut out the pieces for one of the squares for the Kettle Quilters. We had leftover steak, rice and asparagus for our dinner and sandwiches for supper. So it was an easy day.

I am really tired anyway and since there is nothing to report, I will sign off early. Just for fun, I will enclose the recipe that my friend Toni sent me for the Irish Soda Bread cookies. Enjoy.

Love

God Love You

Mary

IRISH SODA BREAD COOKIES

About 3 Dozen Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
12 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup currants
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/3 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.

Beat butter and sugar in a large blow with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg: beat 1 minute until combined. Ad currants and caraway seeds; mix well. Add buttermilk alternately with flour mixture; mix until combined.

Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 t0- 14 minutes or until light brown.

Remove to wire racks.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

12 cups sugar?