Saturday, March 13, 2010

The temperature hit the mid 40s today but it was damp and chilly. I made potato salad this morning.

Then I went out to Rhine to help serve food for the Youth Shoot we were hosting. I do like to do my share for such worthy events. It was fun, I worked with two other gals and the kids were very nice. I got home by 11:30 and fried out some brats for our dinner. I was really hungry for brats. That's why I made the potato salad too.

Then I took a nap. Last night I had a great deal of trouble getting to sleep, then Chelsea woke me up twice. So my sleep was broken. I am tired now but felt much better after the nap.

When I woke up, we got Dick all washed up and his leg bandage changed. Then I got dressed for church.

Mass was nice. The gospel was from Luke about the Prodigal Son. Fr. Van Beeck always has a different slant on things. As he said, we all at some time are one of the three main characters in this parable. Sometimes we are the prodigal son and have to repent. Sometimes we are the Dad and have to forgive and sometimes we are the good son and have to learn not to be jealous but to realize that God loves us without necessarily killing the fatted calf.

We had egg salad sandwiches for our supper with fruit salad and cottage cheese.

I thought I heard a red winged blackbird when Chelsea and I were walking and I saw buds on the trees and green at the base of some of the plants. Dare we believe that Spring is actually creeping in? Tonight we move the clocks forward too. That is the man made signal.

God love you

Mary

No comments: