Sunday, March 28, 2010

It was a perfectly wonderful do nothing day.

I did do some cooking. We had scalloped potatoes and ham for our dinner with broccoli and salad for our noon meal. Then I napped or tried to.

Last night was kind of broken up. Chelsea woke me up at 12:30AM or so and then again at 5:30AM. This time, I fed them and went back to bed until 8AM. I just don't seem to be able to get rested.

I did some wash and baked a cake too. I have somehow or other acquired to many red delicious apples and looked for recipes for them. I found a German Apple Cake recipe and it is to die for.

I will share.
German Apple Cake

2 eggs
2 C. Sugar (I used 1 Cup Splenda)
2 C. Flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 C. red apples (Red Delicious)
1 C. Wesson Oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. nuts
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat eggs and oil until foamy. Add sugar and vanilla; beat for 5 minutes. Add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Add apples and nuts. Mix well and pour into a 9 x 12 inch baking pan or two 9 inch pans. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Icing

2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
3 tbsp. butter
1 C. nuts
2 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine and spread on cool cake.

Another week started and a month ends on Wednesday. Wow. Jim and Michelle will be here sometime on Thursday. Yea! Richard and Brenda are coming on Saturday to see them. This will be such a special Easter.

Take care and God Bless

Mary

No comments: