Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I just got home from a funeral. A lovely friend, Peggy, who I met at Plymouth Care Center, when Dick was a patient, lost her husband, Bob last Wednesday. Bob was in the room right across the hall from Dick and Peggy and I, both there with our loves, met and bonded. I found that Peggy is a poet and invited her to become part of the Cream City Writers, which she did. Ir is so hard to lose one's love and yet she knows that Bob was ready. He was suffering from advanced Parkinson's and dementia and had deteriorated very fast the last few months. I am glad she is in the Writer's Club. This will be a release for her. I got to meet her sons tonight, all fine gentlemen.

I went grocery shopping this morning, then after lunch, took a short nap before heading out for the Amputee Support Group meeting. We had a speaker from Aurora VNA who gave us a lot of valuable information. I have had experience with them, as far back as Dad, but still learned a lot from her. They supply services for everything from medical equipment to hospice.

Home again, I took care of some computer things, helped Dick with his bath and changing and fed him and the critters before going to that funeral.

Now it is time for bed. Roxie has been very insistent that I pay attention to her. She does not like it when I leave for any extended times.

When I took Chelsea out this morning, early, I heard one or two peepers over in the wetland. Tonight there is a virtual chorus. Nice sound of spring and summer.

God love you

Mary

No comments: