Friday, February 12, 2010

This was a really goofy day.

We started off OK. Chelsea woke me up at 1:30AM. So I took her out. Then she came back at 2:30 but I just pointed her towards her blanket and she went. She never came back until 6:30AM which is a record.

After breakfast and the other morning thing, I checked Dick's right leg. The wounds are healing just fine but it is still swollen. So I called Dr. Moreno who is pleased about the wounds and wants us to double up on the tubagrip which should help with that.

But I needed to go to get some more from them so I decided that instead of going to see Mother after lunch with the girls, I would go to the Sheboygan Clinic to get the tubagrip and stop at her house on the way back. SO. I gathered everything up and got in the car.

The car would not start.

SO. I called Motorville and they had me call the emergency service to haul the car in. I called Mom and told her that the plans were changed and I would not be coming today. I called Dr. Moreno's office and told them I was without transportation. Dorothy had figured out that I could pick the tubes up in Plymouth and had a bigger window of time, so I put that on hold for the morning.

I road along with the tow truck to the car dealer. They discovered that the car battery was dead but needed time to try to figure out why as they had to charge the battery first. So they drove me home, stopping at the Plymouth Clinic for me so that I could pick up the tubagrip.

Home again, I had given up on the lunch at the Dairy Queen, so Dick and I had a mini meatloaf that I prepared yesterday, baked potato and veggies for our lunch. Then I napped.

Motorville called shortly after I got home to ask a few questions. I took a nap and then waited for the call. They called a little after three to tell me that the battery is charged and working fine but that they really had no idea what had caused it. We are assuming that something was somehow left on or open but have no idea what. I will be vigilant. If it does not start in the morning, they will be able to service me anyway.

Now I have several errands that I had intended to do today that I have to do tomorrow. That will give me a chance to check the car anyway.

This evening Nancy picked me up for pistol league. We both were disappointed in our scores but are trying to become consistent and good.

Home again, Dick and I had some of my minestrone soup for our supper. It is really good. I used a knock off recipe of the Olive Garden soup.

Now you know why my day was goofy. It seems the perfect end to a goofy week starting with last Saturday when I fell. Tomorrow will be perfect. Right?

I will catch up on all the errands, go see Mother and have a car that starts right up.

Hope your Saturday goes just as well.

God love you

Mary

No comments: