Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Another quiet day. Made even more quiet by the steady snow that kept falling all day. I have no idea how may inches and don't care as long as they plow it out by morning. The front porch has been shoveled once but I know that it will need it again. I hope I don't end up having to do it.

I did keep myself busy all day but at a very leisurely pace. Without Chelsea here, I only had to go outside twice. Once to take out the trash and once to get the mail.

I will pick Chelsea up after the play tomorrow night. I am not sure if she will thank me or not. She does like going to "camp". Bobbie and Bill are so good to her. It is a relief to know that if I am unable to take care of her, there is a place that she feels secure and loved.

I made some BLT soup for our supper tonight. That is such a good soup and so easy to fix.


I finished the book I told you about yesterday. One of the doctors in the story smoked a pipe and it reminded me of my Grandpa Deeley who also smoked a pipe. He liked corn cob pipes and I remember that they had to watch him a bit because he was known to present a corn cob to his grandsons when HE figured they were old enough to appreciate them.

He loved his pipes and was could bet a fire brewing in the bowl of them so strong that he would burn out the bowl.

I can still see him sitting in his yard in the summer time with his pipe in his right hand enjoying the sun and the day. When I think of leprechaun's I think of him. They must look like him.

All my love

Mary

No comments: