Saturday, January 23, 2010

I kind of like the weekends. This was a relatively quiet Saturday. I spent the day cleaning closets and jewelry boxes. I still have the hanging clothes and tops to go through, but figure that I can finish that tomorrow and then drop everything off at St. Vinnies on Monday on my way to Bible Study.

Poor Chelsea got so dirty on her underneath from the grime on the melting snow and on the roadway that I had to give her a bath this morning. She is exhausted still and I am not sure that I am forgiven. I wish we would get the good rain that they promise and it would wash away all that grime.

I went to mass at 4pm as usual. I took the St. Bridget Crosses to show to Fr. Van Beeck and let him choose his. He was delighted. He was not familiar with the St. Bridget Cross though he said he finds Bridget interesting. I told him the legend that says that Bridget was the midwife when Jesus was born. He liked that.

We had bean soup for supper.

Then we got two welcome calls. Michelle called to check in. We had not heard in a few weeks. They have been very busy and she just decided that it was time to catch us up. Everything is going well and they are glad of the warmer weather that they have down there. They are coming for a visit over Easter unless something changes between now and then. Yea! (Pray that some tests that Michelle had come back good. She wants the postcard, not the call.)

Then Bart called. Our poor tired Barb was already sleeping so Bart and I had a nice long talk. They are planning on coming up in June or thereabouts for his high school reunion. I am so excited. As Bret is coming in August, I will get to see all my boys in one year. Richard is the only one in state now and we at least get to see them oftener.

Life is good.

God love you

Mary

No comments: