Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday mornings are always busy because I do the grocery shopping. This morning was doubly busy because I had the grocery shopping, and then drove out to Rhine because Jerry Coenen, a friend, had offered to help Nancy Roehre and me sight in our pistols and then give us some advice on our shooting.

So. I left for the store at 8AM. I finished all the shopping and putting the groceries away by 9:15 which gave me about 20 minutes to take the dog out and rest for about 10 minutes.

I left for Rhine at about 9:40AM. Jerry was there and Nancy arrived within a few minutes. Jerry was very patient. As he has been instructing his wife, also a Nancy, I guess he is getting used to working with us gals.

I feel that I learned a lot. I have been shooting for years but have never really had instructions except for the class that I took at Horace Mann several years ago which was more concerned with safety than everything. I learned a couple of simple safety tips from Jerry too.

First, Jerry shot both of our pistols from the bench and unfortunately, we had to conclude that any problems were us. I learned, that I do drop the gun when shooting but for the first time, someone told me a simple way to possibly correct it. I now have a step by step way to approach the line, sight in and shoot. I will be working hard on that. I typed up the steps and will read them before each target that I shoot until I get it right. I think they will help me center if nothing else. The last target was not too bad.

I was home the rest of the day. I had picked up a rotisserie chicken from the Pig and we had that plus cauliflower, salad and fried rice four our lunch. Then I took a much needed rest. Roxie was very pleased with that. She looks forward to our naps each afternoon and I am sure she is disappointed when I am not around or decide to skip it.

Tomorrow is Mother's 94th birthday. I am going down in the afternoon with some flowers and for a little visit. She did seem a bit stronger on Monday. I hope that is continuing.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: