Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello rather nice Thursday. I am very exhausted tonight but what is new.

Joan came to do the vacuuming etc at 8AM this morning. I finishes several projects this morning. I watered and trimmed the indoor and garage plants, I finished a couple of computer projects and remembered how to and accomplished downloading the new book to a disc so I could take it to Sun Graphics for printing.

We had pot roast for our dinner. It still tastes good and we have enough meat left for a couple of good roast beef sandwiches. I made up a container for Mother too.

After lunch, I went to Mother's with the pot roast. On the way, I stopped at Sun Graphics with the disc of the new book. They will have the proof ready next week and the whole order done by February 1. Then I will able to send a real copy to WFOP for the chapbook contest. The final postmark date is February 1. Nothing like being down to the wire.

I stopped at the Pig in Sheboygan Falls for some milk and Velveeta. I had forg0tten milk on Wednesday and having decided to make the Kunert spinach, egg and cheese noodle casserole, I was low on Velveeta. No way to substitute in that one.

I picked up a pretty springy floral arrangement at Rick's House of Flowers and went to Mom's for a birthday visit. 94 years, quite a life. She looks much better and said that she is also feeling better. Dolores and Ken were also there so we had a really nice visit.She got so many cards, presents and well wishes that I know she feels treasured. Ken, Dolores and I left when the RN from Visiting Nurses came to do her checkup. She, Kathy Mayer, called me this evening and said that she also said that Mother is doing much better.

Got home at about 3PM and just puttered around. We ate a chicken sandwich and green salad for our supper.

I called Bret tonight. He has been on vacation out at his place at the river all week and today a tornado passed through the area. They had wind damage in the park to canopies and small outbuildings so the few people who were out there went around and did damage control. Nothing serious, thank God, but Bret said it was the worst storm he had ever experienced.

I sure am enjoying reading Leslie's blog these days. She doesn't post every day but when she does, we feel closer to her. From the news on her blog, Nora is getting married tomorrow. Wow, that is quick. But I guess if she and her intended are married, they will be deployed together. So, it makes sense. We haven't heard from Nora about it but I am sure that will happen. Sara's wedding is in May.

So that is the day. Tomorrow is Friday already. Where DO the weeks go.

Take care and God love you

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read blogs like this. By the way add more pics :)