Wednesday, December 09, 2009

We were snowed in today. It snowed all night and left about 6 inches on the ground. All the schools and public offices were closed. I called at 8AM and told them that I would not be there for my dental appointment.

Tonight was our, (Mom and me) night for the Sheboygan Community players. Needless to say, we are not there. I left a message with the Theatre company. Haven't heard whether they put on a performance or not. But even if everything had been plowed, (which it was not. They just plowed out our driveway about a half an hour ago.) there is a cold spell following and I can't have Mother out in single digit temperatures.

SO - today, I finished decorating the tree and brought up the last of the Santas and Nativity scenes. Sad news, I cannot seem to locate my naked Santa. He has to be around here somewhere, but I can't find him anywhere.

I did a lot of cleaning too. I like to have clutter out of the way when Joan comes to do the floors.

Tonight is quiet. I am watching Shrek's Christmas show and then will begin winding down for the night. Richard and Brenda sent pictures of their snow. They had at least twice as much as we had and Richard is trying to save their Arbor Vitae from breaking with a long extension broom that he invented himself. Good luck, Richard.

So that was our day.

Tomorrow I intend to bake, and get things organized for sending the Christmas packages to the out-of-staters. I am figuring that if everything we order arrives, I should be able to go to the post office on Monday.

So that was today, busy but quiet. Hope that you had a cocoon day too and were able to take advantage of it.

God love you

Mary

No comments: