Monday, December 07, 2009

A usual busy Monday.

It had snowed all night. It was supposed to stop by 9:15, but kept on falling until afternoon. It was not too deep, but we did get between 3 and 4 inches. When I was driving to Falls, it was pretty slippery. I had to put air in my right rear tire which was recording a bit low. I drove between 40 and 45 all the way. There was no wind so there was no drifting, but it was pretty slippery. I slid out a bit once but I was not going fast enough to lose control. By the time bible study was over, the roads were well traveled and plowed and it was no longer slippery.

We were only short three people at bible study. One of our members had surgery so we all prayed especially for her. Jesus walked on water in our reading today. So we had a lot to talk about with that.

Then I went over to Mother's with her prescriptions. We had a nice visit as usual. Wednesday night is supposed to be the Community Play. It looks like there will be a big storm coming in. In that case, we will not be able to go. Too dangerous for Mom and Dick would be very unhappy if I go out too.

Mom said that Sara wants to learn how to make the Christmas Wreath Stolen that Mom made for years and years and years. She actually got the recipe from my Grandma Deeley. She has not made it for the past two years because it is too hard for her to roll it out. I made it those years but am still perfecting mine. Last year I did not roll it out thin enough.

Anyway, Mom gave Sara the recipe. Sara will mix up the dough on the 19th and then bring it over to Mother's on the 20th and they will finish it together. Jessie may join them. Mother is delighted and I think it is just wonderful that their generation is wanting to carry on the traditions. Besides it is a great stolon.

Dick had to go to the anti coagulation clinic today. His blood is just a smidge thin, so Deb adjusted the meds and we will go back in two weeks to check it out.

Then home again and I put the last of the decorations on the tree. I just have to put the garland and icicles on. So. I should be able to finish tomorrow. Then I just need to get the last of the Nativities and my Santas up.

Tonight was the Rhine Plymouth Annual meeting. It was election night. Greg Reich will be our new president. I agreed to serve on the board if elected. I didn't vote for myself, but still got in. I agreed to that because it just means a time commitment of an extra hour at each of the regular meetings. I think I told you that Sara Behr, an active member who had served in many capacities, resigned last month. Well, her husband, Dennis and his brothers, resigned as of the end of the year also. They were hard workers and will be missed. We have, however, recently gained a nice number of new members from the ranks of the parents of the high school kids. Family memberships which I believe will really help the club and by bringing in the high school kids too, insure that we will go on.

I will be working a shoot at the club on Sunday and am making a big pot of chili. We figure it will be cold and chili will be a good treat for everybody. Maybe I'll bake something too.

Guess that is all for tonight. Would you believe, we forgot the Packer Game was on. We have it on now and just watched Rogers throw a pass to Driver for a second touchdown. The score is 17/0. Yippee!!

God love you all.

Mary

No comments: