Friday, December 11, 2009

It was cold again today. It did get up into the teens but barely and that was a very short window.

Did all my early morning things and went to Aurora to see Dr. Murthy to have my blood pressure checked again. The nurse took it first. My left arm was fine 112/64 then she took the right arm and it was 158/80. She had never seen such a difference in her years of nursing. When Dr. Murthy came in, he took my right reading again and it had dropped to 138/80 which is perfectly acceptable. So, he asked lots of questions. We decided that I will check daily with our home blood pressure monitor and will see him in three weeks. He also gave me a little stronger anti depressant to take before I go to bed at night. He said it will take a few days to begin to work so I must be patient.

I stopped off at home before going to the dentist for my cleaning. That went well. As usual, Dr. Joe and the dental assistant said that I have good teeth and do a good job of caring for them. I can brag about something anyway.

After fixing Dick's lunch, a grilled cheese, I drove over to the Dairy Queen for lunch with my buddies. There were four of us and we are all having little struggles now. Especially, pray for my friend Betty's daughter, Amy, who will be having surgery on her larynx next Wednesday. She broke her food a couple of weeks ago and now this. Pray that it is not cancerous and that all goes well this close to Christmas.

Home again, I took a short nap and made the bed. Then, Dick and I went out on a dinner date to Sweet Basil. We are always happy with the meal and the service there. Dick had a fish fry. Because it is batter fried and that does not agree with me, I got the scallop special. We were both very happy, as usual. My friends, Joanne and Glen Huehns and their daughter and her husband came in. Joanne and I started Kindergarten and graduated from high school together so have been friends for a long time. I worked with Glen when he was manager of the Plymouth Branch of Wells Fargo.

We got home at about 6PM and have just been lazing around. Roxie is being very cuddly tonight. I realized that I needed to put a blanket on the cedar chest at the end of our bed for the kitty. I always had one for Oscar but had moved it. Lately Roxie is showing up during the night and I see her on the cedar chest, so might as well make it comfortable.

This morning was Diane Sawyer AND Chris Cuomo's last day on GMA. I will miss them both. Diane spoke of all of us as being her friends. After 10 years, we all feel like she is our friend. I am a GMA follower and have been for years. I am glad that George Stephanopoulis and Juju Chang are replacing the above two. It will be interesting to see how things develop. Still have Robin Roberts and Sam Champion so we won't be totally revamped. It is exciting to see Diane and Chris to move up in their fields and I am sure that neither of them will miss getting up at 4AM to check in to work.

Guess that's all for now. Catch you tomorrow.

God love you


Mary

No comments: