Thursday, December 10, 2009

It was Artic Cold today. When I got up it was 6 degrees. I never saw anything over 7 degrees on any of our thermometers. Chelsea surely must feel cheated the past couple of days - No walks in storms or when it is this cold. We just go outside the garage and she has to make due.

Joan, our cleaning lady, came at 8AM. She comes from Sheboygan and said that they had rain there yesterday so had much less snow. BUT they had more ice. Snow is better than ice.

I worked on Christmas cards today, I am about 2/3 done. Not too bad. This evening I wrapped most of the presents that have to be mailed and have begun to fit them into boxes. I intend to have both projects completed by next Tuesday.

This afternoon, I went to my friend Joan Kramer's home for a reflexology treatment. It sure felt good and Joan is hoping she massaged out some of the tension from my hips. I could really feel the problem while she was massaging the area that covers that in both my hands and feet and it did relax. However, there was one problem. Joan always takes blood pressure of the people she works on (she is an RN) and my pressure was rather high. So she took it when we were done and I was really relaxed and it was still high. This is NOT like me at all. I have always had low blood pressure. So I have an appointment to see Dr. Murthy in the morning to get it checked again. Weird. I don't like that though. Pray that it was just a fluke.

The best thing that happened today was that Bart called this morning to see how we were weathering the cold and ask about the snow. He sounded good, was waiting to see his doctor and nursing a Latte and is so very happy that Barbara will be home tomorrow evening. He said the kitties have been so very clingy, especially after he was gone those three weeks. They will go bonkers when Barbara walks in the door.

I am going to wrap a couple more presents and then go to bed.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: