Saturday, December 26, 2009

We had a pleasant day. Richard and Brenda were here until mid morning. Then they headed out to Sun Prairie for a gathering with Brenda's family. Everybody, but me slept in. I find it difficult and had to take Chelsea out anyway.

We had a really good breakfast of scrambled eggs, bagels and cream cheese and Stollen. I like having company because I can cook more.

It snowed off and on all day but very lightly. The ground is nicely white again but after all the rain, there is surprisingly very little ice. The only time I had to leave the house was late this afternoon. I drove to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions and then on to St. John's for Mass. Definitely not as crowded as Christmas Eve when all the Christmas Catholics show up, but a nice crowd.

I prepared roast chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy for supper. Dick does love mashed potatoes and gravy. I have enough food in the fridge for the next two days.

My friend, Fran's funeral will be on Monday night. Beth Hoegger, the choir director at Blessed Trinity, asked if I would like to join the choir at her service. And of course I will.

But tomorrow will be a day at home. Perhaps I can get our house put back into order after all of the celebrating and fun. It is amazing how STUFF gets everywhere. Our house looks so festive and Christmasy. After the first of the year I will have to take it all down and stow Christmas away til next year. I dread that because I also need to clean the storage area as I put things away.

Bret got me one of those Snuggies for Christmas. I used it when I took my nap, which was a good one by the way, and it works perfectly. Roxie likes it too as it is nice and soft.

Til tomorrow then.

Love and God Bless you

Mary

No comments: