Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The awful weather that is supposed to be starting this evening has not reached this far north as yet. Chelsea woke me up at 11:30PM last night. What a little pest. But then she slept until almost 5AM. I was actually getting worried about her when I woke up about four and she wasn't there yet. But I decided that I would not go to check on her until 6AM when I get up most mornings anyway.

I tried to take her for a few walks today as the streets are dry and there is no snow or ice to be worrying about. I figure that will change by morning and we will have another few days of staying very close to home.

I went grocery shopping this morning and have everything I need for our Christmas Dinner. We are really worried about the weather and have decided that we will have our Kunert Christmas when it is safe for Richard and Brenda and even Bobbie and Bill, who live much closer, to get here. They are going to let me know. We are hoping for Saturday but I told them to just let me know either the night before or in the morning so I can get the meal prepared. If they can't come for Christmas, this will be the first one that Dick and I ever spent alone.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning out a couple of cupboards. We had a T bone steak for our dinner. Sure tasted good. Tonight I make Dick good old Kraft Mac and Cheese. You know that when we started dating, there came a weekend where we didn't quite know what to do. We had seen the movie and didn't really want to go out for dinner. I told him that he was welcome to come for dinner but all we were having was Kraft dinner with hot dogs cut up in it. He got all excited and told me it was one of his very favorite meals. And he was not fibbing. As most of you know, Kunert's are pasta people. When in doubt, fix anything with noodles or macaroni.

God love you

Mary

No comments: