Thursday, December 24, 2009

Well, today was not quite what one would hope for on Christmas Eve.

Donna called me shortly after 8AM to tell me that Mom had fallen down and fainted again. Fortunately Randy had been shoveling her walk and the cleaning lady had just come and heard her fall, so she got help immediately. I drove to Sheboygan Memorial and actually beat her there. So did Randy, who had to go home to get his car but should have been behind them. Anyway. They tested her for everything that you can think of. She god stronger and more alert the longer she was there and was glad to go home at about 12:30PM after lunch. We knew she was OK when they were taking her in for a ct scan on her head and she said. "Maybe it is all in my head."

They could not find anything. There is no sign of a stoke and her urinalysis even shows that the infection is gone. She is still a little anemic but everything else is just fine. Tis a puzzle. It has been six months or so since she had the last fainting spell but it is scary.

When I got home, Bobbie and Bill were here. They came to take Chelsea out at about noon. Joan, our cleaning lady, also took her out before she left. Chelsea has to go so often that I was afraid to leave her for too long and our neighbor who helps me walk her is away for the holiday.

My Christmas present is that Mother was able to come home and seems OK.

Michelle and Jim called us this afternoon to wish us a Merry Christmas. They are snowed in. A blizzard, one of the worst they have ever had. It has brought Oklahoma City to a halt. But they were enjoying a wonderful Christmas Eve meal. Michelle's brother Jim is there and we got to talk to him too. The three of them will go to Bart and Barb's tomorrow if the weather and roads permit.

Then I went to the 4PM Mass. I got there at 3:30PM and the church was packed. The folk choir was singing and brought in a precrowd, then I suppose lots of people wanted to to to that early Mass so that they would miss the sleety weather and could spend tomorrow at home. The music was beautiful and the hymns we sang along with wer all wonderful REAL Christmas songs, like Little Town of Bethlehem and Silent Night and Hark the Herald Angels Sing. The cutest thing happened. When the Allelulia started before the Gospel, a little girl in back of me started singing loud and clear and perfectly on key. The people next to me started smiling too and we just loved it. She was so sweet, when it was over she whispered to her Mom, "I KNOW that one." We told her how beautifully she sang and thanked her at the Peace sign.

There was one other exciting thing that happened today. As I was driving through Kohler to Mother's from the hospital, a huge wild turkey came running across the road and I almost hit the darn thing. It was almost tempting, but I didn't want to wreck the car.

Merry Christmas. I love you all.
\
God Bless

Mary

No comments: