Friday, December 25, 2009

What a wonderful Christmas!

Got a call this morning from Richard. He said that if it was not too late for me to prepare the meal, he and Brenda figured that they might as well come today as it was raining and warm enough that there would not be ice. So. we were on.

So I spent the day cooking. We had Over The Rainbow Mac and Cheese, Salmon Croquettes, baked squash and peas for our supper and I made a really good chocolate cake with a cranberry jelly glaze topped by a chocolate glaze.

Everybody got here between 3:30PM and 4:PM so we enjoyed appetizers and wine and opened the presents while dinner was cooking. Everybody was go generous. The gifts are perfect. Dick and I got new big screen monitors for our computers. Wow, Is that COOL!!! Lots of other things too and everybody seemed happy with the presents that we bought them too.

Shortly after lunch, Bret called. He was having a nice Christmas at home with a bunch of friends. They were having Prime Rib for their dinner. He liked his presents too and has one more coming that is backordered.

Then shortly after that Leslie called. We had a great talk. Then I got to talk to Sara who is home there with her fiance Vince. They have set the wedding date for May 8. How exciting is that. I also talked to Bill and he loved the cow that I sent to him. I was able to tell him that I found it in an antique shop and just knew that I had to get it for him.

So it was a great day.

The only bad thing was that I got news this morning that a dear friend an member of the bible study died at home last night. It was sudden, she just collapsed in the kitchen and was gone. Please pray for the soul of my friend Fran Woodke and for her family who will miss her. As will we all.

I talked to Mother a couple of times today. She sounds very good. She says she feels weak but did not have any feeling of fainting at all while she was getting ready for the day or during the day. Eileen sent dinner over for her this afternoon and she says she has enough for several meals. So she had company. I know that Randy stopped in this morning to be sure all was well. Dolores and family are going tomorrow and Jeff and family will be there on Sunday, so she is covered. We have things to discuss but right now all is fine.

God bless you all on this special day of Jesus' birth. May he bless you

Mary

No comments: