Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A much quieter day today. We got Dick's legs all taken care of and I did some wash. The main thing was a trip to the post office to get the packages mailed and the Christmas Cards sent. Whew! When that is done, I always feel that I have crested the hill.

I went to the post office at about 10AM, hoping to miss a lot of the crowds and it worked. There were only three people ahead of me and I was able to park quite near the door. Also a very kind lady helped me carry in the packages. I had figured that I would have to make two trips from the car, and that was a big help.

It was SO cold today. 7 degrees on the car thermometer. I turned the heater on in the garage again tonight.

This evening Barbara called. She is exhausted but glad to be home. She had to work part of today and yesterday but now is on leave til the end of the year. It was so good to hear her voice and know that she is back home. Pray for her dad, Don, he is very ill.

Then at 6:30PM, I went to my friend Toni's for a Tastefully Simple party. I was the guest. Actually, another friend, Janet, came at shortly after 7:30PM, but everybody else called in sick or cold. So there were just four of us including the salesperson. It was fun anyway and was a good supper. I have to start remembering to use the neat ideas that I get there.

Now we are safe and sound in our own warm little house and I am going to go to bed. I am really tired. I think cold takes the zip out of a person.

Take care.

God love you

Mary

No comments: