Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today was a mixed blessing. Chelsea let me sleep until 5:30AM. As well she should have as I took her out at 10PM or so. I decided to just stay up then but am regretting it a bit now because I am really tired.

Actually, it was good that I had the extra time, because Dick had his appointment with Dr. Sharon at 9AM and we had a lot to do to get him ready for that.

The appointment went very well. All of his vitals are good and he has lost four pounds since he was weighed last. We are pleased with that news. We scheduled a day for his colonoscopy. Not a joyous thing but perhaps something will be discovered that can help solve the choking that he has been experiencing. It is scheduled for November 13 so he has time to get mentally prepared.

I went grocery shopping after we got home and then fixed our lunch, after which we both took a nap. I had a rather short one as the phone rang twice. Once with a message from Aurora about one of mom's prescriptions and the other was - get this - BARBARA, calling from Germany to let me know that Bart is safe and sound and that all is well. She is exhausted with work and everything else that is going on but they are so glad to be together again. And I am glad that I know that he has safely arrived. I have their phone number too.

I picked up a couple of prescriptions for Dick this afternoon and stopped at the bank. We finally got a refund from the Insurance Company. We had to prepay for the last month he spent there. It only took them 9 months to get our payment to us. So. we are rich. Actually, we just put it into the Medical reserve that we try to keep up.

This evening I heated some homemade veggie soup and made grilled cheese for supper. Now it is time to just relax and wait for bedtime.

I have a funny little kitty sitting on my desk who seems suddenly very big when she is spreading herself out over everything. I sure like having my peaceable kingdom back. Miss my Oscar. I think that Roxie misses him too. She is so cuddly.

Love

Mary

No comments: