Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I had a rotten sleeping night last night. Every joint in my lower extremity hurt. So, I was tired most of the day. I got most of my work done in the morning, cooking, cleaning, emailing and getting Dick's foot all changed cleaned, so after lunch, I lay down and slept for almost two hours. It was great.

Then I went downstairs and spent an hour assembling quilting blocks. Dick was still napping so I was uninterrupted, except for Roxie who finally climbed into a chair down there and took a nap.


Tonight was the Herbal Class at 6PM. So I had to leave at 5:30PM. It was kind of misting when I drove there and is still misting a bit. Actually, when I took Chelsea for her walk at 9AM, it was beautiful. There wasn't any sun, but the temperature was very pleasant and there was no wind. We ran into several people as we walked because it was trash day and more people come out in the morning then. As we walked down Cattail Lane, I could hear the geese. There were hundreds of them just swarming all over the skies, all trying to talk at once. They didn't seem to have any organization, there were just lots of them, many in vees. All the vees were going in different directions and eventually they all flew out of sight.

Anyway, we had an interesting herbal class. Linda brought two infusions for us to try. One was a mullein, which is an plant that strengthens the lungs and is good for preventing colds. The other was roasted dandelion root, which is bitter somewhat like a coffee. They were both OK. I liked the mullein best. I am still looking for an infusion that I would like to drink every day.

Then she prepared a salad of wild plants: dandelion leaf, Queen Anne's Lace, chick weed, chives, fennel and many others. We got to sample with a salad dressing that she gave us the recipe for and a seed mixture to add some crunch. It was really good.

On the way home I stopped at Mother's to drop off her eye vitamins. We had a little visit and I have a call to make for her tomorrow. Next week we are going to meet for the class at 5:30PM. We are hoping to not have the rain and have a bit of light so we can go out in the woods and identify a few plants out there.

That is all for now. Chelsea is whining at me to take her out for the third time since I got home and I am ready to wind down for the night anyway. It is 10:20PM and way past my bedtime.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: