Friday, October 23, 2009

No good walk for Chelsea today. There was a steady chilly rain all day. She does not mind the damp stuff coming down, but I sure don't want to walk in it.

She had enough excitement today anyway. Her annual vet appointment was this morning at 8AM. Quite early. She is doing as well as can be expected, I guess. The only possible medicine that Dr. Pat could offer to help delay the deterioration in her heart failure an other signs could possibly and probably would cause liver damage. So we will just continue as we are. We got her nails clipped too. A couple of weeks ago she got her dewclaw caught in her collar and that could be dangerous.

Dr. Pat thinks that Chelsea's seizures are really fainting spells when the oxygen stops being pumped to her brain. For the first time since I know her, she peed on the floor at the vets office, I think she was just too excited and I did not get her outside soon enough.

So we just keep taking care of and enjoying her as long as we can.

I met Bobbie at the American Club for the Food and Wine event. We had a good time as we always do, but were really a bit disappointed in it this year. It was not newly as big as last year. There were less vendors and virtually no wine vendors. We were hoping to run into some of them from last year. But we tasted several cheeses and oils and other foods, then went over to the Design Center and Woodlake Market. We did see a demonstration at Woodlake from Stone Crossing Winery. We got to taste their Pinot Noir and I bought a bottle of their Riesling and got a free wine glass with it. They also did a cooking demonstration of a nummy pork sandwich with apple mayonnaise as a dressing- Now I can't find the recipe but I will, or ask Bobbie for a copy as it was delicious.

Anyway, then Bobbie and I came back here and put the sugar into the currant wine. Tomorrow I will add the yeast and then wait for it to start fermenting.

I took a nice nap this afternoon. Then went shooting with Nancy at 5PM. She and I both did pretty good tonight. I am done with this league, which is good because I will be gone next Friday to Chicago for the IBAM event at the Irish Center. Then the 6th is the bust up party. Such a whirlwind of a life.

Take care - Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: