Saturday, October 17, 2009

I just got home a little bit ago from the Celtic Women Samhain dinner. Boy did we have fun. There were 10 Celtic Women and four of their husbands at the clubhouse.

I went at about 4 to set things up and decorate a bit. Greg Reich, one of the Rhine members was just finishing up the floor moping that he said he and his wife would do for me. He is such a helpful guy, always ready to help. So I was able to thank him and give him one of the blessing bundles that I made for all the attendees. Did I tell you about the Blessing Bundles? I made a little cone of decorated paper and filled it with 1. a sprig of Queen Anne's Lace for sanctuary, 2. thyme for daring, 3. lavender for devotion, 4. rosemary for remembrance and 5 basil for love.

We has a great menu. Toni brought root soup, Dorothy - potato soup, Luanne - raw veggies, Janet - cheese and crackers, Rosemary - beef and Guinness, Debbie - mushroom and Guinness pie, Joan - brown bread, me - colcannon, Peggy - O'Douls and other drinks and Candy - chips. Then three of us brought desserts. Everything was delicious.

I have colcannon and pumpkin dessert left so we will be eating good tomorrow too.

The day itself was busy, I had to make the colcannon. I also turned outside water off. Chelsea and I had a nice long walk this morning too. We went out at just the right time. It was cold but there was no breeze at all. I have always said that the temperature in the winter is not a factor until it gets into the single digits. If you dress warm enough that is. It is the wind and/or the precipitation that will get you. It is supposed to be warming up to more seasonable temperatures tomorrow. I sure hope so. This is too early for 30s and 40s.

I will send a picture or two of our gathering tomorrow. I am too tired to do it tonight.

Mary.

Joan Rivers said "I don't exercise. If God had wanted me to bed over, he would have put diamonds on the floor."

No comments: