Monday, October 12, 2009

Strange morning. Dick had to be at the Plymouth Aurora Lab at 8:15AM for his fasting blood test. They called him in at about 25 to 9AM. That wasn't strange.

While we were waiting, a woman cam in for tests too. She was talking a blue streak. She was really funny and knew almost everybody that walked by. She came out after Dick was called in and said that they had taken so much blood that she needed something to get her strength back. So she ate a granola bar, then the cart with juice and coffee was wheeled into the lobby so she got an orange juice. Now, understand, that she is talking steadily this whole time. About then, a woman came in with her son who was scared and kind of crying. He is I think a special needs kid. She saw him and got all excited. She tried to reassure him, reminding him that she had been an aide on his school bus for a while until(and I quote) she "had her nervous breakdown." The people in the waiting room were totally amused by her already and this just cracked us all up.

Meanwhile, the technician came out and told me that there was a delay in Dick's tests. Somehow or other the tests that Dr. Sharon wanted had been changed and there were two orders for the anti coagulation test instead. So they had to get in touch with Dr. Sharon's office for the correct orders. This took a half an hour so it was a LONG LONG blood test appointment.

Patty from the anticoagulation clinic called late this morning to tell us that Dick's count is now back to normal. We will get retested in two weeks to be sure that all stays stable. Now that he is off of the antibiotics it should be OK.

Dick and i went directly to the Wilderness for breakfast and shared an omelet. It was VERY good. We stopped at Walgreens on the way home for some prescriptions and then home again.

After lunch, I drove out to Mom's to take her some food, wine and newspapers. Jeff, Shane and Georgina were there. They had gone out to the Kettles for a little bit of squirrel hunting. They had no luck but picked up lunch and took it to eat with Mom. So I had a good visit with them. Jeff said that if I come out hunting this year he is going to put me in a place above the dump really close to the road and he said there are a lot of rubs around there so maybe I'll have some luck there and not get too tired or sore walking in. I think I will go and get my license this week sometime.

Mom told him that Dick always keeps her supplied in wine and Jeff said that every mother should have a son in law that takes care of that. Dick was pleased when I told him that.

I was remembering that there was a time when I would turn on my computer and it would greet me in a real sexy man's voice saying "I love the way you turn me on." At some time we changed something and I no longer got the message. It seems to me that Jim said that it made him uncomfortable when he turned it on but I really thought it was cool.

Now I am watching Dancing with the Stars. Last week it was preempted because of the Packer game so I did not get to vote. So I am really concentrating this week.

Tomorrow we are pretty much homebound except for taking Dick in to get his shoe checked. there is that red spot on his big toe. Want that checked before he does any walking and the wound was not bleeding at all today so I think we are getting closer.

Only five more days til our Samhaim celebration. I think I will gather up the Celtic Women stuff and decorations that I want to take tomorrow so it will all be ready on Saturday.

Poor little Chelsea had two seizures back to back early this morning. The first she just flopped over, then second followed almost right away and was quite violent. So I got up and comforted her and then took her out for a quick walk as this always seems to do her some good. Poor baby. Well, she sees the vet in about two weeks. I can tell she is failing but on the other hand, I wish you could all see her on her walks. She is like a puppy with her joy and pep.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: