Friday, October 16, 2009

It was a rather busy day. The usual morning stuff. We had to get Dick all changed and bandaged before 10 AM because we had that appointment with Tim at Wisconsin Prosthesis to pick up his shoe. Dick was really glad to get it back. We had noticed a callous where there had been on several months ago that had disappeared. I think it was from the constant up and down with that surgical shoe. He had to wear the surgical shoe to allow the breathing to let the wound heal. We are always in this walking the tightrope mode. What fixes one thing causes another. We are tired.

The shoe pick up went very quickly. It looks good. He stretched out the toe so it will not rub and we will be watching that new callous. As long as it settles and does not get sore, we are OK.

We had haddock, potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and pineapple/orange salad for lunch, then I tried to nap. That did not work well again so I got up and made egg salad for supper and the pumpkin cake for tomorrow's party.

I left at 4:30PM for Rhine. I was working tonight but wanted to shoot too. As I will be in Chicago on the 31st, I really needed to shoot tonight so that I can finish next week. It was really, really slow tonight. I had the gun room, kind of by default. Mat, our team leader, says he is going to get me out loading the traps soon. I keep telling him, that I can do everything else and that there are plenty of others who cannot, either do the gun room, score or tend bar. I can do them all. Then he noticed that the heat was turned up to 72. I laughed and admitted I did it. I have just been assigned to his team and told him that, obviously he is going to have to do a lot of training to get me in line. He just laughed.

It was slow enough that I was able to do some cleaning for tomorrow. I cleaned the lady's room and at the end had one of the guys do the men's room. I would have but there were a few guys still hanging around and I didn't want to tie it up. I cleaned all flat surfaces with Antibacterial Windex and swept the floors. Greg Reich said he was going in the morning to mop floors but I figured to give him a head start by sweeping and putting the chairs on the tables. The guys helped with that.

SO. Tomorrow morning I just need to prepare the colcannon and stuff the blessing bundles and gather music. I want to get to the clubhouse a little early to put a few decorations around and get my food plugged in.

My legs are sore tonight. I remember years ago when I worked at IDC, this company was a computer server and I was in charge of a portion of figuring the golf handicaps for golf clubs all over California, members of SCGA, NCGA, Junior golfers etc. After the scores were input, and the handicaps printed out, part of my job was to package up the score sheets and send them back to the golf clubs for their records. I would sit cross legged on the floor and pack and wrap these boxes for hours. If I tried that now I would never get up ever again and would be crippled for life.

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: