Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quite a busy day. I could not go grocery shopping until the Culligan Man came. He was very close to the 9AM projected arrival, so I was quite happy about that. Shopping went well. I was home by 10:30AM. We had pizza and salad for lunch.

Then while Dick took a nap, I cleaned a bit, his bathroom, the counters and I straightened up the downstairs and gathered a few things for the weekend.

I did try to take a nap, but couldn't get to sleep so that didn't last long.

It rained for a good portion of the morning. Not heavy but enough that I was able to justify not taking Chelsea for a long walk. Easy enough to do anyway when I am going grocery shopping. Because I have to walk through the store too. It is just cold and damp enough that my knee hurt this morning. I was able to walk it off anyway.

Did I tell you that I am making another stump doll. When Dick and I went to the museum for the Egyptian exhibit, I bought one of those kits that you shave off the compressed rock like sand to find a "treasure" hidden in it. An Archeology game. Mine had a black cat in it. A really cool black cat. I am making a crone doll with the cat seated at her feet. I want her to be carrying a nice basket full of dried herbs. I will call her crone or wise woman or both. Isn't that fun?

Tomorrow Bobbie and I are going to bottle and rack wine and then go to Mother's to take care of the cactus. Sounds like lots of fun to me.

Have a fun day yourself.

Love

Mary

P. S. My friend Loraine Schaap's granddaughter Ellie has a brain aneurysm. She will have surgery on October 29 and one of her grandson's, Dillon, is having tests at Children's Hospital. So. Please pray for them.

No comments: