Sunday, October 11, 2009

I DID get to stay home today.

Dick had a rather rough night again and ended up sleeping late this morning, so I went downstairs and did a bit of sewing. That was fun. I went back down this afternoon and did some more. I have a quilt top well under way and have started putting my "Quilter's Bingo Board" together. Roxie comes down with me. She is trying to convince me to let her into the furnace room. I don't know why. Probably just because - IT IS THERE.

I fixed a homemade mac and cheese for lunch that is really good. We had it with salad, corn and a hot dog.

It was 26 degrees this morning. Boy was I glad that I brought the herbs in. The one bay leaf that I left in the ground is gone.

I had a surprise today. Barbara called from Germany again. She and her friend were heading for a festival today and she is going to Checkoslovakia soon. Bart is going to go to be with her a week from tomorrow. He was not feeling well today when Barb talked to him. I will call tomorrow to see if he is better.

Tonight we called Jim and Michelle. They are doing well. Michelle likes her new job. Jim is starting a new job as an insurance agent. Their doggie is doing just fine. So all sounds well. It is good to hear their voices again.

That is all for today. This week is a bit quiet but I will be starting my Herb Class at the UWSheboygan and Samhain will be celebrated by Celtic Women on Saturday.

Have a great week yourself.

Mary

Here is an oldie but a goodie.


The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)


These boys will be dropped off in Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt .

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

No comments: