Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today was spent traveling to and from Fort Atkinson with Lee and Janice Lemkuil and Bobbie and enjoying a super production of The Sound of Music. The Fireside always puts on a great show and this was no exception. The players were all good but I especially enjoyed Gary Lindemann who played Captain Van Trapp. He brought tears to my eyes when he sang Edelweiss. The children were talented and cute.

We had a scrumptious meal of a great salad, pork chop with gravy and dressing with sour kraut in it, Sweet potato casserole and Sacher Torte for dessert.

The play was a little longer than the usual and then traffic got a bit heavy between Johnson Creek and Miller Stadium so we did not get home until a bit after 7. I had Bobbie call Dick when we got to Milwaukee to tell him we were running late, so he wouldn't worry.

Now I am vvery tired. Roxie was waiting at the door when we got here and was very annoyed with me. After all, dinner is expected at 4:30PM and it was 7PM. What was I thinking. Dick said that she was bugging him too and that is why he was hiding in the bathroom when I got home.

Hope your day was as pleasant as mine. Til tomorrow

Love

Mary

No comments: