Monday, September 21, 2009

 
Posted by Picasa


Isn't this the cutest picture. Roxie went over and just curled up next to Dick with her head resting on his arm. She is such a sweetie. Reminds me of things that Zero used to do.


Chelsea is back to waking up between 3 and 4AM. But that is OK. I managed to get back to sleep and got up at 6:30AM. Not too bad, I would have liked to snuggle in for a bit longer but there was a busy day looming ahead.

I left the house at 9AM to go to my Monday morning bible study. We had a new person join our group, her name is Shea and she is also wants to join CWI so she is quite the find and a really charming delightful individual.

We read and discussed the passages in Mark where Jesus apparently embarrassed his relatives because the crowds gathered so heavily that nobody could sit down and eat. Just like today, nobody likes to be a spectacle and it is SO embarrassing when someone who is related to us acts like a buffoon and someone says, Is that your cousin or brother or son? How would we have been reacting in that situation.?

Then I went to visit Mother and helped her with a couple of prescription and colostomy questions. Jeff called while I was there and is going to take her to the ear doctor sometime soon. That is one appointment that I won't have to arrange. He is such a dear and knows how involved I am with Dick's health right now. We always find time but try to help each other and this will be a big help to me.

I came home and fixed Dick's lunch then went over to Antoinette's to have lunch with my friend Peggy. We met at Plymouth Care Center with the same worry of a husband who needs us. We had a good lunch and a good visit. I introduced Peggy to the Cream City Writers as she also writes poetry. She writes from the heart and is good at it. We went right from lunch to the meeting.

I sang a verse and the chorus from the song I wrote this year based on Paul's hymn in Philippians and I read the Celtic essay that I wrote for the Worship Folder on death. They were well received. We all had to congratulate our president Beverly on the wonderful article that was in the Plymouth Review this week. I will save the article for her and bring it next month.

Home again, I kind of rested, folded clothes and got ready for the CWI telephone conference that was at 4PM. We had a majority and really did get a lot accomplished. Our annual meeting has been rescheduled for Winter. We, the Sheboygan County Branch, will be hosting the meeting in conjunction with our Christmas Tea at the Plymouth Historical Society on December 5. Pray to God that the weather holds.

We had a very successful telephone conference. I have quite a bit to do but so does everybody else. We have come a very long way in the past three or four years, are in the black and have sent three new branch packets out so may have new branches popping up around the country. I am excited as this was my goal.

Dancing with the Stars starts tonight. I am exited. This is one of my favorite shows and gets bigger and better every year.

No comments: