Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chelsea slep til almost 4AM this morning. I was quite pleased. I went back to bed, of course, and got up a little after six. These mornings it is becoming very hard for me to get up in the mornings. My nights are good, except for spending some part of them getting my leg comfortable and not achy.

Anyway, I left at about 8:30 to do the grocery shopping and banking that had to be done. I had to stop at Pick and Save too because the Pig did not have prosciutto, and I need it for the Braciole de Manzo on Sunday.

The rest of the day I was able to stay home. We had pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and salads for our dinner. I tried to nap this afternoon, but was really not able to settle down. Hopefully I will really sleep soundly tonight as I have to drive to Ft. Atkinson and back tomorrow. It will be a fun day..

I watered the indoor plants and took care of preserving by freezing some zucchini, tomatoes and a banana that I did not want to go to waste. I also cleaned the kitchen counters.

Tomorrow, the cleaning lady is coming to vacuum and clean the floors. I told them just to ring the bell and walk in as I will be gone and Dick can't get to the door fast enough. I think I will leave a note on the door too because I worry.

Today is my brother Randy's birthday. I remember his baptism. Michael Deeley, my Uncle Jack's son, was his sponsor. I don't think Michael had ever seen a newborn baby in his life up close. At the celebration at our home after the ceremony, he held Randy and examined him. He kept marveling at the fact that everything was there. The perfect little fingers and toes with fingernails and all. Those of us who had had little brothers and sisters coming every couple years kind of got a lesson in the miracle of a baby.

I remember also some friends of mine, Dave and Dixie. When their first daughter was born, Gigi, Dave pulled the car over on the way home and unwrapped her from her little blankets and just kept saying. "Nobody weighs 6 pounds." Another man in awe of the miracle.


Love

Mary

No comments: