Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It was a pretty good day. We had to be at Dr. Moreno's at 9:45AM so that he could check Dick's wound. We have pretty good news. The wound in way reduced in size. He is having Dick take one more regimen of antibiotics. I will dress the wound twice a day until a week from Thursday when we see the Doctor again. He was pleased with the improvement. He was concerned that Dick's foot was cold. I am very much relieved. If it is healed in two weeks, I will believe that we are over the worst.

The rest of the day I caught up on phone calls, baked some sourdough bread, organized notes for CWI and met with Shea Goodenow here. I met her at the Celtic Mass. She is a new member of Blessed Trinity. She has also joined the Bible Study. What she wants of me is this. She sings Norwegian folk songs in the native tongue. She spent a couple of years in Norway working and going to school and apparently fell in love with the music. She can translate them literally but this doesn't always convey the meaning. She would like me to take the literal translation and try to reword it so that it can be sung with the old melody and tell the intended story. We are starting with a lovely little lullaby.

As we were talking today, she told me that she is the daughter of Marian Stewart. Marian was a reporter on the Sheboygan Press and knew Dick quite well. She was also on the library board for a while, so knows him quite well. I met her a couple of times and liked her a lot. Anyway, Shea is her daughter.

Now I am watching Dancing with the Stars. The women are dancing tonight. (Roxie is being very clingy and loving tonight. It is not easy typing with a cat cradled in your arms.) After the show, I will vote and then take Chelsea out and go right to bed.

Tomorrow the only chore will be grocery shopping with a side trip to the bank. I need to get rested because the next day I will be driving to Fort Atkinson. I am going to input the address in the GPS tomorrow. I already printed out directions from Travlocity.

Take care and enjoy your evening.

Mary

No comments: