Friday, August 14, 2009

Today was a tired day. I don't know why I am so tired but I am, so this will be short and probably dull.

Dick got his hair and beard trimmed at Shear Delight over at the Plymouth Care Center. We saw Lori and Leah, the physical therapists, and updated them on his progress. When he gets to walking 10 minutes at a time a couple times a day, we can see about restarting therapy to train him to walk with a cane. This will be a happy day.

I took a nap when I got home, then went over to Dairy Queen to have lunch with the bank ladies. I left there tired too and took another nap.

Well, I have tomorrow with no errands so I can rest as much as possible to be ready for Sunday when I am going to Irish Fest. I think I have that planned with walking interspersed with good times to sit and rest too. We will see. Sunday is our anniversary -23 years. I will find him something special in Milwaukee.

I called Barbara tonight - it is her birthday. Also, she leaves for Germany tomorrow. That sure went fast. I got to talk to her mother, Marlise too. She will miss her daughter. It is only supposed to be for four months and is a big feather in Barbara's career resume. Bart did well when she was in Florida and will have to take the reins now. He will go to visit her in late November, as I understand. So that will break up the separation.

So, I ached this evening and took a nice soaky bath in water as hot as I could stand it. Now I am sipping some decaf tea, took a pill and will go to bed in about a half an hour. I'll bet a good long sleep will make a new woman out of me. As Dick would say. Who will I be?

Love

Mary

No comments: