Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here we are at the end of a quiet day, a whole day spent at home.

I woke up aching and really ached all day. It seems every other day is good. Chelsea seems content to be home and has settled into her old routine. We are not able to walk the walks she was getting with Bobbie, but we will build up our distance as I can. I miss the morning walks too.

I am able to feed Chelsea and Roxie both in the kitchen. Never thought that would happen, but they both finish their meals and neither is particularly interested in the others while the meal is being served and they both finish their meals.

I got a lot of computer work done for Celtic Women and other things. I also made some cookies. I had six egg yolks left from making a dessert that called for 6 egg whites. I fortunately have found a cookie recipe that uses the exact 6 egg yolks that are left. So we have cookies coming out of our ears right now. We had grilled T bone steak for lunch. I also grilled some brats which will make the rest of the week easy. The steak sure was good. I am so glad that the Pig had a sale. We have a couple in the freezer still.

Tonight we ate the chicken soup that I made yesterday for our supper. I am now reasonably stocked up on soups after having completely deleted the stock while I was laid up.

This is a week for birthdays. Tomorrow is Leslie's birthday AND it is also her and Bill;s anniversary. Then Friday is Barbara's birthday. So lots of things to be grateful for.

Tomorrow will be a bit busier. Some shopping, a lunchan engagement and a picnic. The weather should be perfect. As a matter of fact we are supposed to be having nice summer weather through Sunday which will make Irishfest by the lake quite pleasant.

That is all for now.


Mary


THE CAT IN THE HAT ON AGING...

Just incase you weren't feeling too old today.

The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1989.

They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

The CD was introduced two years before they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been microwaved.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: 'Where's the Beef?', 'I'd walk a mile for a Camel ',
or 'de plane Boss, de plane'.


McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.


P.S. Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

No comments: