Saturday, August 15, 2009

For a quiet day at home, it really got quite busy, but I guess most of you who know me expect that.

Chelsea and I had a rather nice walk this morning. It was in the upper 60s and felt good. She is still like a puppy when we are on our walks. Nobody can believe how old she is.

We had a nice breakfast and then Dick walked for a bit. We got his shower in today too. That is always kind of a chore for both of us. So with a haircut and a fresh shower he is irresistible.

I fixed a mini meatloaf for lunch so we could have something special with the first fresh green beans of the season for us. Sure was good.

I did take two naps today. I am really trying to be rested for tomorrow's day at Milwaukee Irish Fest. Kathy and Barb, two of my Celtic Women, came to pick up the two passes for Irish Fest that I won't need because I am bringing food for admission to the Mass in the morning. Now they know how to get to my house when I host the September meeting at which I intend to share what I learned about Celtic Music over the years, especially through that class at the UW Madison.

Tonight it will be difficult to get to sleep because ---------The First Green Bay Packer Pregame is on at 7PM. They are playing the Browns. I will still go to bed at 9PM and if I fall asleep, I fall asleep. I suppose I should be paying attention because the season starts in four weeks. And so will the Fantasy Football league.

When I was a little girl, there was a woods in back of our neighborhood. We kids played in that woods a lot. There was in the middle, a tree that we called the Tarzan Tree. It was called the Tarzan Tree because you could climb up into its branches and there were vines growing all over the tree. Then you could grab one of those vines and swing from the crook of the Tarzan Tree to another tree across the way. It was a lot of fun.

One day however, I was playing with a couple of my friends and climbed the tree for my swing. The vine broke and I landed on my solar plexus knocking the air right out of me. I could not get my breath and was naturally terrified as were my buddies. I obviously managed to get my breath back but still remember that fear and the expressions on the faces of my buddies as they, one on each side, helped me out of the wood.

Love

Mary

No comments: