Friday, August 28, 2009

It is still too chilly for August. It will, as my friend, Peggy Feider says, heat up just when the poor kids have to head back to school.

But it makes for nice morning walking. Everything is beautiful, green and blooming, after all the rain we have had. I believe some warmer temperatures might help my tomatoes to ripen. We have plenty to eat, some still from Bobbie and I was able to freeze one bag but there are lots on my plants if they just ripen.

I got a little bit of cleaning done today and one load of wash. There was SO much clutter on my desk and around it AND on the counters that I feel I accomplished a lot. Of course, the table has several piles on it now, but much of that is destined to be filed or returned and I will take care of much of that tomorrow.

I only had to leave the neighborhood once and that was quick. I picked up a prescription for myself and the fresh corn from Capelle's for our supper. Boy is it good this year. We always wonder how long it will last. I have put some of that in the freezer also.

I went downstairs and cut out the pattern for the kitty square that I am going to quilt. I actually have a bit of ambition these days. It has been a long time coming. Then when I get started, my knee hurts or I just plain wear out, but at least I did something today. Maybe tomorrow will be even better.

I have a nice quiet weekend ahead also. Tomorrow I just have to go to Mass and Sunday I am going shooting with Nancy. Sounds good to me.

Take care and enjoy your weekend. Perhaps yours will be really exciting. That is always nice too.

Love.

Mary

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young. Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable..

No comments: