Monday, July 20, 2009

What a day. I had four separate meetings.

Chelsea and I got up at 6AM. Dick slept rather late. His night was not too good, but the early morning was fine, so he was able to stay up today and maybe tonight will be better. He got up shortly before I had to leave. I just had time to say give him his juice and yogurt.

I was able to do some cleaning however, getting the living room vacuumed. Tomorrow will be much easier now.

My first appointment was Bible Study. We had a group of 9 and are really getting into our study of Mark. We are still in the very beginning chapter and finished as Jesus just began choosing his disciples. We were still on Jesus' baptism when the "Spirit, like a dove descended upon him." I loved the commentary. It said that the dove is a term used for beloved also. It is a beautiful picture to think of the Holy Spirit as a beloved.

Next I went over to Mom's for a visit. She looks wonderful. Tomorrow she is going to the Senior meals in Falls and last week she went to the meals AND had canasta at her house. So I think she is actually starting to feel better. It is subtle but her eyes seem a bit brighter.

Next home to fix and eat dinner with Dick before heading over to the Pig to pick up Jena and Lynn and then Kate to go to our Cream City Writers. We had been invited out to Don Cooper's home to meet on his deck out on the Fond du Lac/Sheboygan County line. He and his wife Ruth have a lovely home with a backyard looking out on a lovely yard surrounded by woods. It was very pleasant. We did a lot of good reading of our work and enjoyed lemonade and cookies provided by Don and Ruth.

I got home in time to get my wits together before a 4PM conference call with the Celtic Women Board. It was SO good hearing their voices and we solved a lot of problems and got a real lot done in that hour.

I fixed egg salad for our supper tonight. Aren't you jealous? It was really good too. Then I went to Beth Hoegger's house to meet with her and Jane Lorenz to plan the Celtic Mass for Blessed Trinity's annual Celtic Mass and Faire. We did very well. I believe we have everything pretty much settled and just need to assemble the worship folder and get everybody together for the practices. It will be special, we have a couple of new things that look great. You must come if you can.

Now I am done for the night and am I ever glad. Tomorrow, I want to finish getting things done that I won't feel comfortable letting go when I have my knee surgery (just an orthoscopic trimming so not serious). I won't be able to do much for a few days and I can't stand messes.

But I must remember what Bret and I always tell each other. "Don't worry. It's going to be ALL right. It's going to be Okay. Don't Worry."

So now you know what I did all day. This only happens on the third Monday of every month. Thank heavens.

Love

Mary

No comments: