Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It rained today. When Chelsea got me up at 3:30AM the streets were a little damp and still so at 6 when we went for her walk. BUT by the time I started to the grocery store it was pouring and it continued to come down in a welcome steady rain until after 11AM.

I am so grateful, otherwise, I would have been out there part of this afternoon trying to get everything soaked as I will not be able to do that for a couple of days anyway. Did I tell you that I now have little tomatoes on all three of my tomato plants? I am very excited about that.

Shopping went well. I did not go to shoot trap as shooting in the rain is not something I am thrilled about. SO, I may or may not be able to finish. I don't know if I will be able to shoot next week or not. I will try if Dr. Fehrman says I can.

Bobbie came over and had dinner with us today. We had teriyaki chicken, potato salad and blueberry cheesecake for dessert. Then Bobbie and I went down to the "winery". We had a LOT to do today. First we racked the bay leaf and the grapevine. Then we put the kit wine, I keep forgetting the name, into the secondary fermentor. It is a beautiful red wine so will be fun to bottle. Next one to rack will be the strawberry which is really throwing off the sediment.

Most of these wines are new to us so this is really fun.

Now it is time to just listen to the President and then wind down to bedtime. This time tomorrow, my knee will be all done being operated on and I will be down to the business of healing. Everybody tells me that this is an easy fix. I told Dr. Fehrman that since it can be fixed, I wanted it done. If one can make something stop hurting, it seems like a very good idea to me.

So - please pray for me tomorrow. Pray for Dr. Fehrman that his hands are true for me and the others he will be helping tomorrow. I am so grateful for Bobbie for agreeing to get here before 6AM to get me to the hospital on time. I should be home by noon.

Til tomorrow. I will be doing a lot of computer stuff the next few days in between the exercises that they give me to do.

Have a good Thursday.

Mary

No comments: