Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am glad that this day is over. As soon as I finish this, I am going to go to bed and stay there til morning. Thanks, Bobbie, for making that possible. She has Chelsea as a house guest, you know. From the sound of things, Chelsea may not want to come home. Bobbie forgot her canned food so Chelsea is getting hot home made gravy on her dry food. Quite a treat and she is loving it.

Got up at a bit after 4AM. Took Chelsea out, showered, fed critters and gave Dick his juice and tea and yogurt. Bobbie got her at about 5:30AM and we left shortly for the Plymouth Surgical Center. I checked in and the registrar remembered me. The when we got upstairs, Denise, one of the nurses who took care of Mom and even more was one of our regular nurses when Dick had that awful infection that took 6 to 8 weeks of intravenous meds twice a day to cure. She is special. In time she knew us well enough and one evening offered to pray for healing with us. We were touched and took her up on it.

So I was all prepared by 7:30 when the nurse came down to take me to OR. I only saw Dr. Fehrman twice. He came in to draw pictures on my knee and then in OR before they put me out. Bobbie was there after surgery when he came down and got the results from him for me. All went very well. There were two small tears which he removed or smoothed out and he also corrected some arthritis. He said he was pleased.

I started waking up at about 9:30AM but was in and out quite a bit. We came home at a little after one. I am able to walk around using a cane, which is easier and, we think, less dangerous than the crutches. I had to learn how to walk on them. Now I need to remember that I shouldn't do more than necessary. I have a series of exercises to do also.

My biggest problem is that I cannot drive for two weeks. So I spent a little time this afternoon changing a few things around. Bobbie will take Dick and/or me to any medical appointments which is the biggest thing. I am totally unused to being homebound and am going to have to be really careful not to walk too much.

Today is easy. I am tired and even if it is only 7:30PM, I am going to bed. Probably will not get to sleep right away but bed sounds awfully good right now.
Most of my exercises are lying down anyway.

I thought I heard thunder in the distance twice tonight. I hope that means a little more rain. It is supposed to be warm tomorrow. After a good rain, heat would really help the herbs and tomatoes grow. Did I tell you that all three of my tomato plants have little tomatoes on them now? I am SO proud. Tomatoes have never been a successful crop for me. This may be a first.

Love you all and thanks for all the prayers and good vibes that have come my way today. In two weeks, my knew will hurt no more.

Mary

No comments: