Saturday, May 23, 2009

Such a lovely day. I got up at 6AM and was quite busy this morning with animals, meals and helping Dick with his bath. By lunch time, I had everything that I had to do finished so I took a nap.

Tonight, I left at about 4PM to go to the wedding reception in Green Bay at Lambeau Field. I drove to Jeff and Kathy's home in Hilbert and then Kathy drove her car the rest of the way. We had tons of fun using the GPS that Bart and Barb gave me for Christmas to get there.

This being Memorial Day weekend, of course, Jeff and Randy were at Indy for the big 500. Would you believe that they have been going to that race for 39 years already?
When they first started, they camped - no matter what the weather. There were stories of ice chests floating away. Now they stay in motels.

The wedding reception was special. John's wife, Jenifer, is charming. They had a totally Irish theme down to to music they walked into the meal on and danced too. Lambeau is really a classy place to have a reception. The room is spacious, nicely decorated and easy to get to. The meal was very good also.

Saw a lot of relatives. Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Bob, Chris and Ron and Andrea and Brian and Peggy. Nora and Leif and Eileen and Fred. And Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan the parents of my cousin John the groom. John and I are the bookend grandchildren of John and Matie Bowser and there are 40 years separating us in age. He has grown to be a fine young man. I still remember that little red headed munchkin.

John designed his new bride's engagement ring. He found a lovely Irish knot, took to to a jeweler and had the ring designed with the know on either side of the diamond. It is exquisite.

Anyway, I am home safe and sound and Chelsea sees no reason why I am staying up so late, so I believe that I will close this down and go to bed. Tomorrow will be quieter but busy since I will be taking the tomato plants that Kathy sent for us down to Mom's and Nora, Leif and I will plant them for Mom. I will have to get mine planted too.

So. Good Night, Sleep Tight.

Love

Mary

No comments: