Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I slept until 6:30AM with only the 3:30AM pit stop for Chelsea. At least it is finally warm. It was 66 degrees at 3:30 and got up to over 80 during the day.

It was a busy morning. I went to the bank, grocery shopping and to Walgreens. So the shopping is almost done. One of Dick's prescriptions was not ready because it had to wait until tomorrow because of the insurance. I can pick that up on my way back from Keith Carpenter's funeral in the afternoon. Keith died on Sunday morning. He was a very good friend of the Deeley family. His sons, Lee and Cory go deer hunting with us every year.

Years ago, One of those boys, I think Cory, wanted to go deer hunting. Keith knew that Dad and my brothers hunted, so he asked if he and Cory could come along. Keith outfitted himself and Cory, saw that Cory got Hunters Ed and they both went out one November along with my family. Keith did not like hunting. He knew he wouldn't but he also knew that once he had ensconced Cory with the Deeley Party, his son could pursue his wish to hunt and he would not have to worry about him. Now, that's a good DAD. Pray for his soul and his family.

This afternoon, Bobbie picked me up a bit after noon and we went out morel mushroom hunting. Between us we got about a dozen, enough for us each to have a nice fresh mushroom omelet in the morning. It was a nice day in the woods. I am totally tired. Bobbie got lost but we were able to keep in touch by telephone and a kind man who works for Plymouth Utilities found her on the road and took her back to the car. From there she was able to connect with me. I had found my way back to the initial plowed field that we came in on. We did have a wonderful time and plan on making a date to do it again next year, perhaps after a rain when there will probably be more 'shrooms up and ready for the taking. We also plan on bringing compasses.

Sleep tight and have a great day tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: