Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Am I ever glad that this day is winding down. I got up a little later today, 6:30AM. (Of course, I did have my little Chelsea wakeup at 3:30AM.) Had a nice morning. Just prepared things for lunch and Dick and I had to get ready to take him to the Anti-Coagulation clinic to see if the change in medication had worked. It had - a bit too much the other way. As I have said his count is supposed to be between 2 and 3. Last week it was 4.1. This week it was 1.5. So we have adjusted again and will go back next week to see if we are back in place.

Nora and Leif and Mother arrived shortly after 11:30 so we could have lunch and a visit. It was so pleasant. I love visiting with them and we had so much to share. I served Zucchini Veggie soup with sandwiches. We had choices. BLTS with either Irish Bacon of regular Bacon. I also fried up some mushrooms for those who prefer veggies to meat.

For dessert we had Cherry Dream Pie. It is something that Lil used to make and my friend Janet reminded me of. Here it is as it is so simple and tastes so good.

Cherry Dream Pie

2 cups soda crackers, crushed
6 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cups chopped nuts.
1 envelope Dream Whip, prepared or 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
2 cans cherry pie filling

Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar until stiff peaks form. Blend in crushed soda crackers, vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour into greased baking dish approximately 9" x 13" x 2" and bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes, or until done.

Let cool.

Top with whipped topping, spreading evenly over cracker crust. chill at least two hours.

Top with cherry pie filling, spreading evenly over chilled whipped topping.

Chill, cut and serve.

Note: Other pie fillings may be used. Blueberry is good.


They all left at about 2:00. Then Dick had to be at Wisconsin Prosthetics at 3:30 to have the stump recasted for his next cup on the prosthetic. That went quite well, we were home by 4:30 so the animals were not insinuating that we were late, though they did demand immediate service.

Now, as I said, I am very tired and ready to go to bed. I hope I can stay awake long enough to see who is the winner of Dancing with the Stars. I may have to find out in the morning.

Hope you had as nice a day as I did. Not only did we have great company but the weather was beautiful. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.

Love
Mary

No comments: