Sunday, May 17, 2009

It was so nice to wake up and have Richard and Brenda here. They got Dick's computer working for him. He has a couple of things to learn because it is Windows Vista which is a step or two up from what I have and he had before. They gave him a wonderful picture of a cat that looks like Roxie for his wallpaper.

I love having people to cook for. We had pancakes squirted out of a can for breakfast. The Pig had a special. It is called Organic Batter Blaster and is dispensed just like those whipped cream cans that one turns upside down to use.

They were pretty good, we all agreed. It was rather funny when I bought them. At least four of the Pig employees told me that they were good. Apparently a can was at the expiration date and someone brought in an electric griddle and cooked the pancakes up for them to try.

I also fixed scrambled eggs and chives to go with it.

Jim and Michelle called today at about 9:30AM. We were sure relieved. And calling with Richard and Brenda here was fortunate. They have been busy with work and with getting unpacked and all. This is the first weekend that they were not unpacking. Busy and learning their new jobs. They are eager to contact Bart and Barb now hoping they can get together with them on the Memorial Day weekend.

I went out to Rhine to work on the Lewis shoot that we put on today. It was really rather slow. I got there at about 10:30AM and stayed til almost two, tending bar and ordering the steak sandwiches for people. All of the events, Lewis shoots, leagues, seem to be down. I guess that people are not spending as much as they were.

We had leftover spinach casserole for supper tonight. Easy fix.

Some time ago, I told you about Bart's bunny. Well, Bret had a blanket, "Blankie" of course. It was one of his thermal baby blankets. Coincidentally, it was yellow, you my remember that Bart's bunny was also yellow. Bret was a thumb sucker and he loved this blanket because it had a nice silky binding that felt good. Over the years it too became rather gray and faded. At least Blankie could be washed sometimes so it did not stink. Finally it was down to one side of the binding being still attached and a strip of another side hanging like a tail. He was now about 4 and was finally able to go many places without his blanket but it still was very important to him. I asked him if he wanted me to take that strip that was hanging off of it and he said yes. So. I pulled it loose and all of the binding came off. He was horrified. I guess that he did not realize what I was saying. That ended his Blankie phase anyway. I apparently had killed it.

Tomorrow is going to be almost a marathon day with four separate functions starting with Bible Study at 9:30AM and ending with a condo committee meeting here at 7PM. Pray for me. I will be exhausted.

Love

Mary

No comments: