Saturday, April 18, 2009

We were pleased with today. It was warm most of it. I wore one of my denim jackets when I walked Chelsea so that tells you something. The birds were in fine chorus all around us. We took a nice long walk, trying to build up to what we did last summer.

I fixed a pot roast for dinner this noon. Put carrots, celery and potatoes in for the last hour then made a nice gravy to go with it. I also used the last of my frozen rhubarb in a crisp. We were happy. I remember that my brother in law George would sit down to a meal like that and lean back and say. "Wonder what the rich people are eating tonight." I made the crisp completely with Splenda so it was safe for Dick to eat. It tasted great too.

Then, after dinner, We got Dick all showered and both took a nap. Jim and Michelle came by to pick up the ham they accidentally left here on Easter. They came from De Pere where they were volunteers for the MS Walk. They had supper with us. I found some Friday Chili in the freezer and made grilled cheese to go with it. Dick and I were willing to have more Rhubarb Crisp for desert then too.

Next weekend, they will be flying to Oklahoma City to finish applying for this job as managers of the apartment complex. They have to do a drug test apparently and fill out some forms. They will also see their apartment and meet the couple that they will be teamed with and who will be training them. It does sound like it will be a perfect situation for the two of them. Lets all pray that it is. Dick and I like happy, well situated children.

Tonight, I went to the Unity Concert in Sheboygan. This is its fifth year. It is a fundraiser for cancer patients and their families. All the money is used for Sheboygan people who are in financial need. It does not pay medical bills. It will provide, as an example, a wide screen tv for a young cancer patient who is having trouble seeing images on the small screen, or perhaps a window air conditioner for someone who is suffering in a cramped hot home in the summer, or gas money to get to treatments. This concert is totally volunteer. Nothing costs anything so all of the proceeds go to the fund.

I had a wonderful time but had to leave before the concert was over because it went on way to long and I had to get home in case Chelsea needed to go out AND I had to get the shoe off of Dick.

I was SO pleased to see many of my friends from Blessed Trinity. The choir was singing in the finale and other friends too, including Dave Weinhold and Mary Lou Conger. Mary Lou and I graduated from high school together and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. Her Eddie has been gone for 9 years now. He was a very nice guy and courageous in his illness.

So now it is time for bed and Chelsea is definately in agreement with that. Oscar is being very patient. I think he is just glad that I am home.

Til tomorrow then

Love

Mary

No comments: