Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maybe Spring really is here. Today was not TOO warm but I was able to run out with the dog without putting a jacket on. Of course, I would not have wanted to take a long walk. There was a bit of a breeze the the temps were only in the 50s. Bret would laugh at my "heat wave".

Dick had his appointment with Dr. Sharon this morning. That went very well. He is pleased with all of his vital signs and the blood tests. We did get a chance to weigh him so now we will have a base line weight. We are sure that he has gained some weight but it is hard to tell how much because in the Care Center he was weighed without shoes and without his prosthesis. But we now have a base weight and can work from there. We are careful with portions and balanced meals so I am sure that we will be OK especially now that he is doing more activities.

WE got home to find that Josh from VNA had called. I was able to reach him and he brought over the 20" wheel chair for us to try. It rolls a little better, he fits a little less snugly, I am able to lift it in and out of the car and Dick can maneuver it through the doors with little trouble. So we went for it.

After he left, I did the grocery shopping. Then we were both home for the rest of the day. I have been inordinately tired. I napped after our lunch and then fell asleep for about an hour again after supper. I had Dick wake me up to watch Bones. Then I will get the last minute night time things done and go to bed again.

We received an email from Jim and Michelle tonight. They are making another major change in their lives. They have accepted a position as a couple to be apartment managers for a huge complex in Oklahoma City. They will be moving in a couple of weeks to take over the position. It sounds really good for them. They will have an apartment, a salary and benefits.

Guess that is all and that is quite enough news for now.

All my love

Mary

No comments: